Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Accommodations

As I get older, I require more accommodations and assessments. I have not received both since my first couple of years as a librarian at the local university. Now that I have left, I have access to accommodations and assessments again. Now that I am broke and unemployed, I may be able to get glasses that will reduce migraines and bring great comfort, and most importantly, I may be able to get hearing aids so interactions become a lot easier and and more energy can go into the interaction than in struggling to make sure I am catching everything the person is saying and effectively working. It just blows my mind. So, I am waiting now to hear back on a few programs. I am actually excited to have a assistive technology assessment! I haven't had any insight into what is new for many years, well since my Masters program when I went in search of hearing aids for the first time since my childhood hearing aids. I am nervous, I am frustrated, I am glad, I am doing my best to keep moving forward. I am thankful to have been referred to people who understand what it may be like to live with impairments.

No comments:

Post a Comment