Monday, September 17, 2012

5 weeks on and rocking it #exercise #diet #fibro @goodlifefitness

I am happy to say that I have successfully made it to the gyme on a Saturday morning 5 weeks in a row! So proud of myself. It has also been.... 5 weeks today that I started my new "diet" to more vegetarian, occasional seafood, reduced to no gluten, no soy, no msg, and no overdoing sugar and junk. My body rejoices with that change as well.

When it comes to the gym, I started with my problem area of my chest and trapezius area of my back. I figured if I were to strengthen those muscles, I would feel less pain. Guess what, it worked! After working up to it over the last few weeks, I started to do a full body circuit this past Saturday. Working up gradually is very important. If I were to go in all guns blazing, I would feel like hell and it would be hard to go back. So started with the "important" stations and ALWAYS the stretching station (I *heart* the stretching station). I have never been the althetic type but my body reacts very well to exercise (must be the fibro).  What is even better is that after the gym, I find myself over at the market to get a latte and fill my bags with veggies.

When I started my new veggie-filled diet, it was an experiment to see the effects. I feel better and have more energy. My IBS only flares up when I have too much of something from my not-so-good-for-me list. An unintended consequence is losing about 5lbs, making some of my clothes fit awkwardly now. I think part of this loss and effect on my wardrobe is the fact that I am way less bloated. I plan on keeping this up. Also, this new diet is a lot cheaper and better for me than my previous healthy but misguided ways.

Of course, I saw my doc today and reported these findings to her (well, to her student doc who passed on the info). It was another "keep up the good work". I had mentioned about cost about gym membership and she said that the gym membership is super important, even compared to physio (which I got a script for today because I finally remembered to mention it in an appt) and massage. I know if I wait too long for a massage, it majorly sucks. But, in theory, the gym helps at the root of the problem: my muscles. So, I will definitely keep up with what I am doing and rocking it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment