Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Alternatives


So I have gotten away from the poetic aspect of this blog a bit. But still using it as a outlet; it's still beneficial :)
So I tried a new medication and it did not go over very well at all. Cymbalta is not for me. Going to continue with the Lyrica as it has decreased the frequency and severity of my migraines. So, off I went to find out about alternative treatments because there was no way I was going to go through what I experienced with the Cymbalta again. Finally got to talk with a pharmacist at a specialty herbal medecine pharmacy. He suggested the following:
  • CoQ10
  • Chloressence (Chlorella)
  • Vitamin D3
  • Fish oil
  • Acidophilus
I have been taking the fish oil for over a year and I can attest to the benefits of it. It has significantly reduced my fog and broke me out of my many month long fog last year. I have already been taking Vitamin D and he said to increase it even more. I am currently researching the other treatments and finding some helpful information. It is expensive, but I can't really afford not to try these alternatives. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment