Monday, March 18, 2013

That feeling of having done too much

I got out swimming again this morning (yay!) and was about 13 minutes in and was going to do another lap but my body went "whoa" so I dove under the lane divider and headed home. I had woken up tired and not wanting to move to begin with which is hard to know if it is because I am truly exhausted or that I just can't wake up very easily. This morning it was the exhausted, as I later found out. This morning at work was a mixture between wanting desperately to pass out while simultaneously writhing in pain. I knew what I had to do at lunch to make it alright, and it is now bearable and I can function.

When I started the whole workout this last Tuesday, I knew that it would result in 2-3 weeks of mild misery. I have identified the difference between workout aches and fibro aches. I learnt that I can still swim fairly well and can jog longer intervals and about different gym equipment. On Friday my legs ached and were difficult to move and I got cranky. The crankiness comes from the fatigue, I'm sure of it. Saturday I made sure to go to the gym to talk with the trainer on site to learn about certain machines so I have no excuse this week. The thing is that I also went out on Saturday night for the first time since before Christmas. It was fun, it was great and spent with my awesome neighbours. It was a worthwhile adventure.

So, I am silently sending out wishes for every one to bear with me while I get this routine on track. It means early mornings but planning for them the evening before. It means using a lot more energy than I am used to. It means discovering forgottten muscles. It means being healthier, having stronger muscles, and making the most out of my potential. It means me being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment