Friday, January 18, 2013

Progress is Happiness

Two posts in one night... this is a rarity. There is one thing I mentioned in the last post that really needs to be elaborated in another one to make sense. It's that feeling of having changed in light of seeing someone from your past. I am told at almost every visit to my counsellor how far I have come and how well I am doing. Sometimes I simply smile and nod, knowing vaguely that there is some truth to what she is saying but not totally believing it. It sounds odd, but I actually feel solid. That piece in my chest that was a shadow of me is actually there and I know who I am for once in my life. I know what I am doing, why I am doing it, and even a bit of where I am going. I know who I was, what has formed me, and the history of hurdles that has brought me here. For better or worse, I love me for me. And that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment