Friday, January 11, 2013

Thriving

Good morning. It is a wonderful Friday! It has been productive already and even made it to work completely on time. I finally went to my doctor to talk about my Lyrica dosage. It was a smart thing to do. I have to admit that it helps. Hell, I can touch my toes when I take the right dosage because my muscles aren't completely contracted! Yesterday went fairly well for the first day. It was also a crazy Thursday with technical difficulties and everything. By some miracle, I wasn't cranky at the end of the crazy day :)

By the way, I did find out that it is just fibro with a ton of other symptoms that make my health difficult to deal with at times. I started a post a few weeks ago about this and even went to list all the little thing that I do have. In so many ways, it doesn't matter. I am not my health problems. I will deal with them and learn to still thrive in my life even though I have whatever. So many times over the last couple of years I have told myself that I am more than a survivor, I want to thrive. I have survived so many things that it has proved my resilience and determination to do what I need to do. A day with a smile throughout is a good day. No matter what happens, as long as that smile is there, it is a good day. I have to remember that each and every day.

With any problem, soon as awareness of what the problem is established, dealing with it becomes easier and then moving on is possible. It is true that sometimes we don't even know what the problem is until we ask the right question. How do you come to the right question? Discourse. Discovery through discourse is something I used to say when I was doing my bachelor degree. It is just as true today. Everytime I write, talk, and think aloud, I open myself up to discovering new information and even finding solutions. I think one of my resolutions should be to get back into writing. Unfortunately, I found myself in a bit of grey zone for a while which awake my shadow and numbed me to my interests. I am happy to say that I am now getting out more again, doing more with Jasper, keeping my house in order, and getting more organized.

Speaking of getting organized, I think I found a new way to keep my tasks in order at work. I have many projects on the go nowadays. So after wracking my brain of what to do as I need more than to do lists, I came up with buying a day planner. In the day planner I have a list of what I need to do. This list will continue to grow. I have notes pages to write in more detail the processes involved to complete the project. Then there are monthly calendars so I can write down deadlines that I create for the projects, even tiny steps of each project. Finally, there are weekly calendars where I can mark down what I did that day and plan for the next day(s). I have to keep on top of it, but I believe it will be useful. I will try it for this year and I will keep doing it if it does go as well as I have in mind.

Anyway, this post has gotten away on me. It feels so good to be writing again with such freedom.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment