Monday, April 15, 2013

oh my #caffeine, oh my #sugar, oh my #insomnia

I started drinking regular lattes again. It started with forgetting to ask for decaf, then just letting it slide, thinking nothing of it. Now, I am noticing how screwy my sleep is again and I am wondering if I should go back to strictly decaf lattes and coffees. Now that I have a new member of the family, that latte money is going to be going to his food anyway. It's really the perfect excuse to avoid the caffeine vs decaf debate (and to save money). It's a catch 22 of course; caffeine helps immensely on days I want to pass out and in a lot of discomfort and yet it can screw up my sleep. To boot, I have been indulging in the flavoured lattes which means sugar (I do at least as for half sweet just because I am not a fan of a mouthful of sugar but I like a bit of flavour). I must also remember that sugar means calories which goes to my expanding waistline. Oh *le sigh* Will I go back to my experiment of no more regular espresso? I think I just might and simply indulge in my vanilla almond milk homemade decaf lattes :) Perfect for the upcoming deck worthy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment