Tuesday, March 6, 2012

MIA

After a nice weekend, I woke up Monday with a nice migraine with sensitivity to light and all. Could hardly move and just wanted more sleep. Needless to say, I stayed home. Considering I was feeling pretty tired and lacking energy Sunday, is this really a surprise? Did I do way too much last week? The answers are "it shouldn't" and "quite possibly". How do you know when your legs are going to be knocked out from under you? Sometimes you don't. Back to work today and still not feeling great; sensitive to light and sounds. Had fun trying to open a prescription bottle of novo-profen in hopes that it will at least lessen the tension through my head and neck. Still hoping and it's been almost an hour.
Starting reading two books I got in the mail: The Fibromyalgia Cookbook and How to be Sick. The Cookbook has great, simple, easy to prepare recipes that are healthy and hopefully delicious! It's a good baseline with tips such as no red meats, no green peppers (red are okay though), no processed sugar, etc. I am hoping to get to the grocery store to pick up the few ingredients I am missing such as vegetable and chicken stock and lemon juice. The other book, How to be Sick, is written with a Buddhist mind set. I am already 64 pages in and it makes sense to me. The book is geared for the chronically ill and their caregivers. Sometimes reading statements that make sense enforces what you already know, which has been the case so far. I am looking forward to practicing the teachings in this book to let go of guilt and suffering and live more in peace with myself. My body may be sick, but I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment