Thursday, March 1, 2012

Physical and Mental Therapies

Yesterday my legs hurt. Then I went to massage therapy last night and as usual I was tightknit "bubble wrap". That said, when I got off the bus near my place, my legs hurt like H E Double Hockey Sticks! I was not long getting into the shower where my skin goes all blotchy in blues, yellows, pinks, and purples from the cold settling into my body. Went from there, had some carefully selected foods with protein to help with the muscles and went to bed. Waking up was a tad more difficult this morning but not too bad. Did some exercises just to keep my body moving before sitting in a chair for a good part of the day. Here's the kicker: my back and legs are just burning and hurting today. A tad tired, but not too bad. Took a super ibuprofen which seemed to simply skim off a layer of pain, turned it down a small notch. Have errands to run after work and I'm sitting here wishing to be in a more comfortable position for my back's sake. I tell you one thing: that one hour at the gym was a bit much but means I seriously have to SLOWLY start up my exercise with two 30 min sessions then move up to two 45 min sessions then two one hour sessions. Even then, each session will be slow paced until I can get up the capacity to get all the way through without feeling super ouchie later on. Oh, I'll get this figured out :)
That's the physical side of things. But here's something that I clued into this morning for the mental for which I must thank my roommate. I was not adding things up with what he was telling me about having overnight guests which I should have figured out but my brain did not compute the whole "March break" thing. So anyway, I am going to start doing more brain exercises such as annograms and other brain games. Going to have to start charging my DS and loading those Brain Age games again. I played a lot before, which certainly afforded me extra mental clarity and picked up on things much better. So another commitment to myself is at least 20 min per day of brain games. I wonder if Brain Age has an app....

No comments:

Post a Comment