Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FibroWords #HAWMC

Here are two poems I wrote earlier on, as I was learning about my new fangled label:


MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2011

Turn the page

Questions, questions and more questions
On the quest for answers
Go to hospitals, leave hurting and confused
What is going on? What is wrong?

Listen closely to my body
Hear where it hurts and what ways
Make a list and hope
Enough talking, here's the list

Waiting for the pain to settle
Heat helps and cold hinders
Sleep my sleepless nights
Work through the fog

Appointments come, answers finally
Blood tests say nothing
Body is still talking
Change of pace, change of meds

Through the answers comes peace
Knowing is half the battle
The other half is managing the answer
Modify my life but not going to stop living

So here I am, knowing what I know
Learning my limits as I go
What this fibromyalgia does to me
I will keep on going within my limits

Listen carefully to my body and mind
It is now more important than ever

Some days I will be exhausted
Some days I will be in pain
Some days I will be in a fog
Some days I will be okay

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2011

Smile

Smile sad eyes
Look around and see the world
Smile broken heart
Anything is possible today

Stand still and listen wide eyed
You have come a long way, babe
Don't give it all up on dreams
The grass is not always greener

Smile foggy thoughts
Listen to the voices inside
Smile tortured soul
Let the warmth of love in

Once wanting much more
But this is not the end
The beginning is beautiful
And never forget the start

Smile stressed body
The light is already here
Smile chained limbs
You are creating darkness

Be comfortable in my own skin
Stop fighting invisible demons
There is peace and comfort here
Keep faith in moderation and confidence

Smile wary obstacles
You are your own doing
Smile certain self
And so mote it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment